What makes this collection so unique?
Each design of the Assembled-in-America Collection is handcrafted with unique elements and in limited numbers. Only 100 of the 2018 Mardi Gras Mouse were ever made. These limited editions are completed one-by-one by the Design Team at Annalee on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee. During busy times, up to eight designers are working on these exclusive designs. As they are completed, each design is individually signed and numbered for authenticity.
NEW Exclusive Designs for 2018!NEW Spring and Summer designs now available, and 25 Fall and Winter designs are coming soon. Only 250 each of these NEW 2018 designs will be made. And for the first time ever, we are also launching some “surprise designs” throughout the year. In extremely limited quantities, 100 or less, Annalee will be releasing some of the most exclusive, limited, and unique Assembled-in-America designs yet. It’s all very exciting here at Annalee!
HOT SURPRISE DESIGN — Just Released!
So, what’s the next new release for the Assembled-in-America Collection? In early March 2018, we introduced the oh-so-festive and jolly 12in April Fool! Don’t miss the chance to be part of this tradition. We expect this festive design won’t be available for long! Only 100 are available on a first-come, first-served basis!
ONLY 100 WILL BE MADE
How long has the collection been available?
In 2012, Annalee released its very first exclusive limited-edition designs for Christmas in a series called “Home for the Holidays.” Only about 20 of each style were produced that first year—making these some of the most rare designs in Annalee’s history. Each doll received a special hang tag, signed and dated by its original assembler.
Back of tag reads: “This doll is part of a growing Annalee collection that has been Assembled in America! We hope you will decide to make these pieces part of your seasonal gift giving and decorating traditions. To find out more visit www.annalee.com.” A special heart-shaped flag icon was given to these designs in the catalogs and website to distinguish them from the seasonal collections.
The collection was a response to the consistent requests from customers and collectors for dolls that were made in the USA, as they once were. The designs are often given proper names and are more likely to include two dolls in one design (2014 Bunny Blessings). The designers at Annalee are still hard at work in New Hampshire constructing this Collection though the company has grown with more modern technology.
In 2013, Annalee expanded the collection to include Easter and Spring with 19 new designs! And for personalized birthday gifts, Annalee added 10 hand-painted birthday numbers as an option for customers. Later that year, eight new Christmas styles were released. So one year after the collection was born, it grew to 27 exclusive designs.
PERSONALIZED MICE – Make it a special keepsake!
Personalized mice are a fundamental part of the Assembled-in-America Collection. These one-of-a-kind exclusive designs really launched in 2011 with Fishing Mouse, Celebration Girl Mouse, and Quilter Mouse. For the first time, Annalee let customers choose the hair color, base color, and a special message for an embroidered base. These dolls were assembled at Annalee Headquarters and became a natural extension of the whole collection—a popular gift idea for anyone celebrating memories and milestones! This collection has grown from the three original designs to 12 at any given time. How would you personalize your mouse?
After a busy year in 2014, Annalee extended the line to include Fall. The first Halloween and Harvest exclusive designs made it into the Assembled-in-America line with “Harriet” Witch Mouse, “Fraidy” Cat, and best-selling “Patches” Scarecrow! Our designers also had fun ringing in 2015 with all NEW “New Year Mouse.”
Here are some of other highlights from Annalee’s Assembled-in-America Collection:
- The 2014 Assembled-in-America Collection consisted of 22 designs.
- In 2015, the first Valentine couple, “Annie” and “Chip,” were added in memory of founder Annalee Thorndike and her husband, Chip, whose birthdays were very close to Valentine’s Day!
- “Splish Splash,” which was named in a Facebook contest by one of our fans, became a best-selling summertime design in 2015.
- Later in 2015, Annalee decided to limit the number of exclusive designs made given their growing popularity. It was decided that 500 of each doll would be made and then numbered for authenticity. All 500 of “Splish Splash” were sold that year!
- The 2015 Assembled-in-America Collection consisted of 31 designs. It included the first Thanksgiving designs with 12-inch “Grant” and “Grace “ Pilgrims.
- The first exclusive Irish design, “Celtic Crush”, made its debut in 2016, along with two designs capturing the favorite spring tradition of maple sugaring! Also new were Hanukkah Boy and Hanukkah Girl Mice for the Holiday Collection.
- In 2017, there were 24 new designs released (and several good sellers from 2016 were carried over).