This Spring the elves were delighted to receive the sweetest letter from a local 11 year old girl. Hannah Upperman is from New Hampshire and wrote to us explaining how she wants to work for us as a designer when she grows up.
In her note, she debuted her own design with a sketch for “Wheely Awesome Mouse.” The girl mouse was depicted in a wheelchair and Hannah explained, “your Girl Scout Mouse allowed me to be myself and I feel that this is the type of confidence that most kids who are disabled don’t have.”
Needless to say we were honored and inspired by Hannah’s note, young aspiration, and design prowess. The designers wanted to meet Hannah and so we invited her in to create her very own design. Hannah picked out the details and worked with designers to complete this unique one-of-a-kind design. We’re excited to announce that Hannah’s “Wheely Awesome Mouse” will become part of our Personalized Mouse Collection in 2022! Stay tuned for more details.
We loved this experience with Hannah. She was bright, insightful, and creative with her design. She inspired an idea! This Summer we are launching our first-ever Kids Design Contest with a very special “Make a Difference” theme. Starting July 1, we will be accepting design entries from kids around the country. Prizes will be awarded in three age groups: 4-7 years, 8-11 years, and 12-15 years. All entries must be received by July 31, 2021. One grand prize winner will be chosen and that design idea will become a 2022 exclusive Annalee design.
2021 Kids Design Contest
Contest Theme: Make a Difference
- Design should portray the child’s vision for making a difference in his or her family, school, community, state, or world! Ideas might include: be kind, perform a daily good deed, plant a garden, show gratitude, champion a cause, be a good neighbor, inspire others…
- Design can be a mouse, elf, person, or whatever original character the participant feels best conveys the design idea.
- Design must be drawn on paper. Color can be added using whatever medium the artist prefers.
- Entries must be well thought out and carefully drawn. A written description with added details and thoughts about the inspiration for the design would also be helpful.
- Entries can be easily submitted electronically using our handy online entry form on or before July 31, 2021.
- Alternatively, entries can be mailed to: Annalee Dolls, 339 Daniel Webster Hwy., Meredith, NH 03253. All mailed entries must be postmarked by July 23, 2021 to be considered for prizes.